Friday 16 August 2013

Getting Back To Basics - Health - Fitness

It's 3:30am July 4th and I'm up at my computer with another sleepless night. At least this time, I'm finally writing the article promised to Mick a week or two back. A song from Hatebreed is blasting through my headphones helping me intensify my efforts. Now is the time for me to rise to my feet. Wipe your spit from my face. Wipe these tears from my eyes. I've got to take my life back. One chance to make it right. I've gotta have my voice be heard. And bring meaning to this life. 'Cause I'm trusted for nothing. I've been led astray. I've been treading justice. But I won't accept this fate. I've done things I regret. And it's time to reverse the roles. Now I just wanna make it on. All the prophecies I have been. I will be... I WILL BE. I WILL BE HEARD!

"Why in the hell are you up, when you could be sleeping in?" you say. Well to tell you the truth I'm so fucking stressed I can't stand it, the industry I love so much has just turned to be the fucking most bitter I have seen. That industry is the bodybuilding/power lifting (dare I say? Fitness) industry. I long for the good old days when the rules were simple, lift big metal object in corner many times in every way possible, puke, then go eat meat... eat whole cow, now FUCKING GROW! Yeah, they were the good old days. But more back to my point now, things have gotten so complex with everyone trying to be mister smarty pants that they are no longer useful. So this is about getting back to the basics. Meat (protein) Carbs (vegetables or starch), Fats and the just right amount of seasoning to make it stomach able.

I'll basically be giving you two types of meals. High protein, High Carb, Low Fat and High Protein, Low Carb, Moderate Fat. From these two you should be able to create spectacular menus. I offer these in this way as I use a CCKD program with my clients. I'll get more into that in the future. The next basic trick is to eat the same foods each day of a week but to change up the food each week. This provides the variety without the over load in work. I'm going to mention the one most important thing now, food safety. Yeah, yeah, screw off you hosiers, last thing I would want is food poisoning and the muscle shredding effects it can have when you're spewing your guts all night or day. To remedy this get a digital food thermometer. Almost all foods cooked to the correct temperature will be safe. Ok, lest get to the food.

Each Recipe contains around 400 calories per serving. Recipes contain 6 servings.

The Starting Base - Chicken & Broccoli2.2 lb (1kg) chicken breast, no skin, no bone, R-T-C2.2 lb (1kg) broccoli florets

Cook chicken cook broccoli and melt butter on top. Uh, too simple? OK follow this.

Preheat the oven too 350F/175C and get out your super size cookie sheet or low fan that just barely fits in the oven. Take a bit of olive oil spray and put a light coating over the entire inside of the pan. Now take just a few pinches of salt and sprinkle it over the bottom of the pan evenly. Now on a clean table surface open your chicken breast packages and pull out the breast. Some of you will be very tempted to baste the breast with your own special sauce just resist that urge and follow along. Rinse each breast in the sink under cool water rubbing it a bit to remove any of the slime and old bacteria that might be sticking on the surface. Now with a non-porous cutting board trim any of the little yellow bits of skin and fat off. Excellent, now let's lay each piece on that cookie sheet evenly spaced out and sprinkle some seasoning on top. A bit of salt a few pinches of sage, a dash or two of nutmeg and your there. Place the sheet in the center of the oven and cook the me at until it reaches an internal temperature of 165F/75C. Remove it from the oven and allow it to cool on a wire rack under a fan. (The faster you cool it down the faster you can get it into the containers and the faster you can get it in the freezer/fridge and the safer and better tasting it will be.) Broccoli, what can I say, rinse it well under running water, trim the stalks away and then place in a pan with boiling water. The crunchier you like it the less you cook it. I personally prefer my broccoli pretty done and therefore I let it cook for about 5 minutes. Again, I remove it from the hot water run it under some cold water to stop the cooking process and then put it in the containers with my chicken. Separate the chicken into 6 equal parts by weight and put into containers, top with the broccoli the same way. Now go to the sauces and pick one, then top the broccoli and seal them up, put them away and enjoy.

The Starting Base Option 2 - Salmon Cakes

2 slices of Bread2 teaspoon (10ml) Butter1 Tablespoon (18ml) Worcestershire sauce1 Tablespoon (15ml) Old Bay Seafood seasoning1/3 teaspoon (1.6ml) Salt11 Egg Whites39 ounces (1100g) Salmon2 Tablespoons (41ml) Sweet Relish

Preheat Oven to 350F/175C Spray a cookie tin with olive oil no stick spray (optional use a muffin tin for perfect cakes). Carefully de-bone and pick out the skin and any other non-enjoyed items from your salmon or other fish. In a food processor, combine the salmon, bread, butter, Worcestershire sauce, seafood seasoning, salt, egg whites and sweet relish. Process for 20 seconds. Shape the mixture into 6 cakes. Place on cookie sheet or in muffin tins and cook for about 6 to 9 minutes or until golden, remove from tin and drain on a paper-lined plate. Transfer to containers when cool.

Low Carb Sauces(When combined with above makes each meal about 400 calories; 43g protein, 8g Carbs, 22g Fat)

Horseradish Butter8 Tablespoons (129ml) Butter4 tsp. (20ml) Horseradish (grated finely)1 tsp. (5ml) Lemon juiceBeat butter until soft.Beat in horseradish and lemon juice (NO, Don't beat off into the horseradish!).

Chimichurri Sauce7/8 cup (207ml) Parsley3 Garlic Cloves1- jalapeno chili peppers7 Tablespoons (104ml) Olive Oil1 Tablespoons (26ml) Red Wine Vinegar7/8 teaspoon (4ml) Salt7/8 teaspoon (4ml) Old Bay Style seafood seasoningIn a mini-food processor, combine parsley, garlic and the jalapenos; process until a chunky paste forms. (Careful not to touch eyes due to peppers!)Stir into oil, vinegar, salt and seasoning.Olive Oil7 Tablespoons (103ml)Butter8 Tablespoons (129ml)Low Carb Sides(When combined with above base, makes each meal about 400 calories; 43g protein, 50g Carbs, 5g Fat)

RICE!1 7/8 cups brown riceTry a few pinches of

Baked Sweet Potato3 lbs sweet potatoes baked(Try baking each one in a microwave for 10 minutes but prick them with a fork first)

To "spice" things up a bit, you may try a pinch of one or two of these options no more...Basil, Cayenne Pepper, Celery Salt, Chili Powder, Cilantro, Cinnamon, Curry, Dill, Dry, Mustard, Garlic, Ginger, Ground Red Pepper, Hot Chili Peppers Diced, Lemon Zest, Nutmeg, Orange Zest, Oregano, Paprika, Pepper, Salt, Tarragon, Tabasco sauce, Turmeric, I can't believe its not butter spray (10 sprays), Balsamic Vinegar (1 teaspoons), Lemon Juice (1 teaspoons), Mustard (1 teaspoons), Onion (1 teaspoon chopped), Pickles (1 teaspoons), Red Wine (1 teaspoons), Relish (1 teaspoons), Salsa (1 teaspoons), Soy Sauce (1 teaspoons), White Wine (1 teaspoons) or Worcestershire Sauce (1 teaspoons)





iAutoblog the premier autoblogger software

No comments:

Post a Comment